Important Information for New Patients
- All patients should be seen annually for their physical exam. This exam allows the provider to review and update medications and monitor your health status.
- Bring all your current medications to your appointment.
- Patients who have chronic conditions (hypertension, diabetes, etc..) will be ask to be seen quarterly to review blood tests and medications.
- Family Care Center providers will not routinely prescribe narcotics to patients unless it is felt medically necessary.
- Contact your insurance company prior to scheduling to make sure we are in network with them. Seeing an out-of-network provider can be costly to you.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, kindly provide us 24 hours notice so that your appointment time can be given to another patient. Fees to apply if you are not providing this notice.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes early to your first appointment and futures physical exams.
If you are ten or more minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule. It’s important to be on time so that each patient is given enough time have their needs addressed.
- There may be times when a provider gets behind due to emergency work-ins or seeing patients less than 10 minutes late. Please be patient as we work to see each patient.
Bring your drivers license and insurance card to every appointment.
- Look for new patient documents on our web-site under ‘forms’. Either print them out and bring them with you or ask our scheduler to mail you a copy.
- Please exercise respect for others by keeping the use of cell phones to make/receive calls to a minimum.
- Co-payments are requested at every appointment, unless you are receiving a service that does not require a co-payment. Fees apply if your copay is not paid at the time of service.