Important Information for Established Patients
- All patients should be seen annually for their physical exam. This allows the provider to review and update medications and monitor your health status.
- In order to maintain your status as an established patient, you must be seen within three years from the date you are requesting an appointment. This is not a Family Care Center policy, but from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS.gov).
- If you are ten or more minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule. It’s important to be on time so that each patient is given enough time have their needs addressed.
- They may be times when a provider gets behind due to emergency work-ins or seeing patients less than 10 minutes late. Please be patient as we work to see each patient.
- We request that you update your HIPPA and patient information forms, and sign indicating you understand our policies once a year.
- Bring your drivers license and insurance card to every appointment. If you have updated insurance information, please provide it to the receptionist at check-in.
- Co-payments are requested at every appointment, unless you are receiving a service that does not require a co-payment. Fees apply if your copay is not paid at the time of service.